Thursday, December 30, 2010

The Poet-aster

I like Joanna Newsom's voice. It's like a kid with a clothespin on her nose mixing sarcasm with nursery rhyme and some of the best poetry ever...like you want to cry and laugh together. My life is like that sometimes. Cheers, Joanna, for a great blog title. Another Poet-aster enters the mix.

So...call me strange, but there was a blizzard two days ago, so I decided to walk to work cuz there was a travel ban. (Yeah, they called up the house and were like "don't drive.") My friends tried to talk me out of it, considering the blizzard and all, but the Poet-aster is only stopped by iambic pentameter and lightning. So I'm walking and walking and the wind is crazy, I think I have some ice marks in my cheek, but dun da DUN, superpoets have Estonian hats sometimes, so I wrapped my hat around my face and strode forward peeping out at the snow-covered streets. Then I punched the light out on this guy's Jag while he was trying to escape a snowdrift. I think that's cool, right, bashing luxury cars? Like rock stars bash guitars, but I feel like poets have to bash more symbolic things. Like Black Eyed Peas albums or pictures of Donald Rumsfeld.

Speaking of bashing, I think all the youth at my work have the occasional urge to bash each other. I'm really glad they haven't tried to do this on my shift, I think it's probably due to my soothing spoken word voice. It's scary, ya know, when you're never sure when somebody's gonna get in a fistfight. Like South Korea right now: North Korea's like "Don't shoot or we'll declare patriotic jihad on you" and South Korea's like "Whatevs, you be Il'in (Kim Jong style)" and they do it anyway. I think if Kim Jong Il had a rap album, I would buy it, but if he got in a fight with anyone of our youth, he would lose big time.

I decided to start writing more blogs this week. Somehow that tied in with making money somehow...don't ask me...although I hear I can monetize this thing...hmm...the Poet-aster's thought process went a little like this: "you should write online articles to make money." "Yeah, but those are lame I'd rather write things I feel like writing."
Thus, two new blogs in two days. The artist remains poor. *sigh* It also helps that I've been on the nightshift, cuz this means I'm awake all night with nothing better to do then torment you with my writing.

Full-time volunteer wanderer poet. It kinda has a ring to it. It's always a fight though. The youth I'm trying to help are amazing! But they don't respect me all the time, and it's really hard, they've gone through a lot of shit. Also, they don't always want help. They're college aged kids: they want to party, they want to be left alone, they think they know everything, and money and settling down doesn't look attractive to them. Pray for the Poet-aster, my friends, because these kids are going to college, they just don't know it yet.

Full-time wanderer poet musician angstball seeks wealthy patron to be absentee wife. We don't have to like, do anything, ya know, I just need to be taken off the market for the sake of all those poor girls and I reckon once I don't have to worry about money and girls, I won't have to worry at all, and Jesus says I shouldn't worry so I should marry an Heiress right? What's the opposite of a cougar? A gold-digger? If that sounds like you, inquire below.

No comments:

Post a Comment